10.17.2014

how utterly pants (jeans)

HIGH WAISTED SKINNY JEANS  c.o DSTLD


Pants.

1. a very necessary clothing piece
2. a great way to say "rubbish"

I've said it before and I'll say it again: denim is a classic for a reason.
It is also a classic pain in the butt to find a pair of jeans that fit you properly.
Especially if you don't have a butt. Like me.

Every single pair of jeans I've ever had are deficient in some way. 
That weird waist thing where it sticks out in the back, the knee bunchy bit, 
or the *worse* of all - loose ankles. Don't even get me started on loose ankle struggle.

DSTLD promised they had it down, so I went full hog. Dark indigo wash, high waisted, skinny jeans. Simple enough, but hard to get right. They arrived, fit, and I was hopeful. A month later, THEY STILL FIT and it's a miracle on level with grilled cheese Jesus. No less.

I have worn these jeans in every possible situation, because I trust you guys with my selfies, and you trust me to give you solid opinions on jeans. So they went to the Boardwalk, the an airplane, two ambassador retreats, several roadtrips, quite a few soccer games, and every other outfit I've worn since they arrived. I've run (ok, kidding, but I could run if I WANTED to), done yoga, criss-cross applesauce'd on the quad lawn, and climbed stairs.  Fair and photoshoots, they survived it all. There's no rips, no fading, no stretching, and the waist is still on my waist. Majorly impressive for a pair of $65 jeans.  They're my new favorite ~capsule wardrobe~ piece, mainly because I know they always look good. That's worth some serious sartorial street cred. 

Gold stars to DSTLD. All of them. 

x Justina

ps.  DSTLD has a pretty rad company story, you can read it here.
 

follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I actually have the opposite problem, too much butt! It really is difficult to find the perfect pair! These look amazing :)

    \ Indigo Lights

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for the perfect pair of faded black skinnies for so long to no avail, although these sounds like a pretty good option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a pair of high waisted something so bad! :) I don't usually wear jeans, I like jeggings or if I want to feel even better tights :3
    <3 katie
    http://luvelylittlelulladoll.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have exactly the same issues as you with jeans, these sound perfect!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.